Be About You

Loving yourself and doing what's best for you should always be your main priority. Never make sacrifices or compromise yourself for someone else, especially if that person is your partner. You'll end up being used and left high and dry.

Most people tend to change once they get too comfortable around you. Their true colours and intentions with you will start to show... They start acting differently towards you, once they get what they wanted from you.

My father started acting differently towards my mom years into their marriage. I was about 3 years old at the time, my two sister's were 6 and 7 years, brothers, 5 and 2. Everyone thought he'd never leave since they had a good thing going on. But my father decided to spoil everything by cheating on my mom.😢

He had the audacity to bring women into our home whilst my mom was running errands. Anyway, my mom caught him and he told her it's either she accepts what he's doing with other women or she divorces him. My mom opted to divorce him.

My mom made so many sacrifices for him, she even stoppped working when he asked her to be a "stay at home mom". But he didn't care, he still cheated and treated my mom any how.

After the divorce, my father didn't want to support us in any way, he even came to visit us ( his own flesh and blood). I don't even know what he looks like since I was so young when he was around.

Be about you and put yourself first, Inorder to avoid heartache and being used. People make empty promises when they want something they don't have. My father promised he'd never break my moms heart and that he'd pay lobola. Till this day he hasn't paid a single cent. My grandma passed away with a broken heart.

What's shocking the most about all of this, is that my father was a pastor😶
So it goes to show that people who seem nice or innocent might do a quick switch up on you.

Comments