Why I won't pay my tv license


SABC needs to stop dwelling on the past and stop forcing us to pay for tv licenses. The era where SABC was the most watched broadcasting network in South Africa ended a very long time ago.
Ever since Digital Satellite television was introduced to South Africa, people stopped watching SABC as much as they used to, since Dstv had a variety of different channels, some of which played new content and shows we loved.

What made things worse for SABC, is the fact that they like repeating the same movies and shows over and over, and over again. It's really not fair to the people, because some of us struggle as it is to provide for our family's. 

The annual fee for paying your tv license is R265, it doesn't seem like much but to some people it's a lot, the rate of unemployment is really high in South Africa. Hence people can't afford to pay for unnecessary things like a tv license.

Now SABC wants to make things worse for us by forcing us to tv licenses for pc's, laptops, tablets and cell phones😑. I'm 90% sure no one streams the SABC channels on any of the devices mentioned above, why would they waste their data on trashy programming?

SABC is just trying to find a way to make up for the money they lost during their fall out, but at who's expense though? They even had the audacity to try to force Multi choice to collect the tv licenses on their behalf🙄

The day I'll pay my tv license, is the day SABC starts playing new content. I won't pay for something I don't use. 

Paying for my tv license is basically like buying raw meat.. Will I eat it?

Comments