I Didn't Think It Was Actually True!

Guys! Apparently believing in yourself really does work. Last year I felt as if my life was going downhill, academically I was struggling and I was under alot of pressure to pass, and time wasn't on my side since I had three weeks before I wrote my first paper.

In my mind, I had already given up, convinced there was no way in hell I could study and understand so many modules in such little time, in my mind I was already defeated. I didn't know which subject to study first and which to study last minute since all needed alot of time if I wanted to understand and pass.

I ended up not studying anything for the next two days. Then on the 3rd day, I decided to go to campus and study at the Library. I ran into my Engineering Science Lecturer, and he asked me what I was doing in Campus? I told him I came to study and that I'm really struggling to study.

That's when he started giving me advice and he put things into perspective, he told that the key to understand anything is self belief and hard work, believing that you'll be able to do something, improves your chances of actually doing it.

I decided to take his advice and I started believing in myself. From a very young age, I always told myself maths is hard and that I'll never understand it, I guess that somehow affected my ability of understanding since I had already drawn my conclusions. After I started believing in myself, I decided to study a few sections and I did past papers. I was so shocked when I got tricky questions right and that motivated me to keep studying and studying, time went by so fast and I didn't even notice because the thrill of getting answers right kept me focused, in a way, I was enjoying myself.

The mind is a very powerful tool guys, self belief plays a very vital key in your ability to do something, basically what I'm trying to say is that you should always be positive and believe.

I'm so sorry for losing the plot, I'm sleepy.

Comments